Who does not like road trips? Just the act of traveling and getting in your car and driving somewhere is tons of fun for itself regardless of where you’re going to! Don’t forget to look for some music happenings wherever you’re going to.
In this list I have compiled my top, best, favorite, list of Road Trip music songs, all clickable to get to the YouTube video instantly. The road trip music songs on the list range from soul to classic rock to folk to 90’s rock and more. There’s tons of good stuff in here! Enjoy and please comment on more great songs that are on your road trip music playlist!
The Best Road Trip Music, Top 60 Songs:
- 60: The Cardigans – My Favorite Game. Even the official video shows a woman driving a convertible. Can’t argue with that…
- 59: Fleetwood Mac – Rhiannon
- 58: The Doobie Brothers – Long Train Runnin’. Playing this song on the guitar is so damn fun.
- 57: Simon & Garfunkel – The Boxer. Always gives me the muse to just take a backpack and head out to… somewhere.
- 56: Neil Young – Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere. Thanks “Almost Famous” for introducing me to this gem.
- 55: Jack Johnson & Ben harper – High Tide Or Low Tide. A beautiful Bob Marley cover.
- 54: Blues Traveler – Hook. Some incredibly fun blues-rock with great harmonicas going on.
- 53: Phantom Planet – California
- 52: Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son. Originally a Vietnam war protest. Feel free to scream along…
- 51: Simon & Garfunkel – The 59th Street Bridge Song. Slow down, you move too fast!
- 50: Creedence Clearwater Revival – Bad Moon Rising.
- 49: Jefferson Airplane – Somebody To Love. If you liked the article’s cover photo so you’ll like this one as well…
- 48: Lynyrd Skynyrd – All I Can Do Is Write About It. C’mon, don’t laugh about the she-gators, that’s southern pride.
- 47: The Band – The Weight. Click here for a funny video featuring the 1968 classic in a clever musicians joke.
- 46: Dire Straits – Walk Of Life
- 45: Pink Floyd – The Great Gig In The Sky. All recorded in one improvisational take! Unbelievable talent on that lady.
- 44: Johnny Cash – Folsom Prison Blues. I hear the train a-comin’.
- 43: Janis Joplin – Piece Of My Heart
- 42: The Steve Miller Band – Take The Money And Run. The getaway tales of two young Texan lovers gone bad.
- 41: Jimi Hendrix – Hey Joe. One more getaway to Mexico tale…
- 40: Floride Georgia Line – Cruise. Haha, I had to…
- 39: The Beautiful Girls – La Mar. A very chill acoustic song by a great Australian group.
- 38: Deep Purple – Hush
- 37: Dire Straits – Money For Nothing
- 36: Eddie Vedder – No Ceiling
- 35: Elvis Vs. JXL – A Little Less Conversation
- 34: The Yardbirds – For Your Love
- 33: Oasis – She’s Electric. Brit rock is just too fun.
- 32: Lit – My Own Worst Enemy. Some 90’s grungy energies to keep you going.
- 31: Lou Bega – Mambo No. 5
- 31: Oscar Isaac & Marcus Mumford – Fare Thee Well. If you haven’t seen the movie “Inside Llewin Davis“, do it!
- 30: Martin Sexton – Happy
- 29: Neil Young – Keep On Rockin’ In The Free World
- 28: Oasis – Dont Look Back In Anger
- 27: Sam & Dave – Hold On I’m Comin’
- 26: Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
- 25: The Beatles – Golden Slumbers
- 24: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Road Trippin’. Probably the most self explanatory on the list…
- 23: Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl
- 22: America – Sister Golden Hair. You can almost see the Golden Gate bridge in the background…
- 21: Otis Redding – Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay.
- 20: Johnny Cash – I’ve Been Everywhere. The Cash challenge for today: Open the lyrics and count how many places you’ve visited. Tell us about it in the comments below.
- 19: Bob Dylan – Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright. Can’t resist this beautiful fingerpicked ballad. The road is long & lonesome…
- 18: John Mellencamp – Pink Houses. Ain’t that America?!
- 17: Simon And Garfunkel – America. B-E-A-utiful.
- 16: Janis Joplin – Me And Bobby McGee. Hippie tales in Louisiana 1963.
- 15: The Steve Miller Band – The Joker. Some people walkin’ ’round callin’ me Maurice…
- 14: Israel Kamakawiwo’ole – What A Wonderful World. The most beautiful cover to Louis Armstrong’s classic, by a 500lbs man playing a tiny uke.
- 13: Van Morisson – Wild night. Rock n’ roll at it’s best! I’m often amazed at how Van Morisson does not get enough recognition.
- 12: Billy Preston – Nothing From Nothing. You never heard a real happy and uplifting piano until you listened to this one.
- 11: Steve Winwood – Keep On Runnin’
- 10: Elton John – Tiny Dancer. Gotta love that bus scene!
- 9: The Grateful Dead – Truckin’. An epic truck driver’s road trip song. A serious masterpiece and yet another scream-along.
- 8: Bob Dylan – The Man In Me. La la la la la la la… The opening tune from Big Lebowski.
- 7: Old Crow Medicine Show – Wagon Wheel
- 6: Dire Straits – Sultans Of Swing. There’s a good reason this one is on the top of my Top 10 Songs With Fascinating Lead Guitar list…
- 5: Jimi Hendrix – Little Wing. Fly on little wing… My favorite Hendrix song sounds even better on the highway.
- 4: The Mamas & The Papas – California Dreamin’
- 3: Creedence Clearwater Revival – Proud Mary. Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ on the river!
- 2: Lynyrd Skynyrd – Freebird. Viva la Americana…
- 1: Don Mclean – American Pie. Still an all times road trips favorite whether you’re American or not. Bye bye Miss American Pie and see you soon on the next Top-something list…
Peace, thank you for reading and have fun on your road trip!
You'll Probably Love These Related Posts:
Join 50K+ Monthly Readers: Get the Monthly GuitarHippies Newsletter With the Most Popular Articles
The Top Guitar Hacks & Tricks, Coolest Guitar Gadget Reviews, Top 10 Music Lists and Plenty More Good Stuff.
Thank you for subscribing.